Bob Montgomery, 95 and recently retired, has been repairing typewriters for decades. Paul and Bob may be the last left in the area with a business devoted only to these machines. Montgomery was 7 or 8 when he began going to his dad’s shop in downtown Seattle, changing ribbons, learning to repair the machines. That’s 85-some years of typewriters. Paul is the latest convert to typo-mania and is dedicated to the craft.
In the Puget Sound area, The Bremerton Office Machine Co. is the last company whose full-time business is repairing typewriters.
Mr. Montgomery has been recently featured here (Paul is only featured in his own wildest imaginations):
- KUOW Radio in Seattle 2017
- NW-Nerd Podcast (starts at 42 minute mark) 2017
- Kitsap Sun 2016
- KIRO Radio 97.3 FM 2016
- MyNorthwest.com 2016
- Seattle Times 2016
- KING TV in Seattle 2015
- Seattle Times 2014
- Kitsap Daily News 2014
- KOMO news in Seattle 2014
- A customer even created a YouTube video!
- Angelica Santos won best documentary at her high school for which Montgomery is featured.
- Even Oak and Cypress Weddings has nice things to say oakandcypressweddings
- Of course, we love what Cortney Kelley does cortneykelleyphotography
Meet the new owner Paul Lundy
Paul is dedicated to learning all about the craft of vintage office machine repair and service. It turns out, he is just as fanatical about the darn machines as Mr. Montgomery. Paul recently purchased the business so you can now rely on consistent repair and service for years to come. Paul posts the web site updates and enjoys the art of learning the trade.