Bob Montgomery, recently passed away at 96, had been repairing typewriters for decades. Paul Lundy purchased the business and may be the last left in the area with a business devoted only to these machines. Montgomery was 7 or 8 when he began going to his dad’s shop in downtown Seattle, changing ribbons, learning to repair the machines. That’s 85-some years of typewriters. Paul is the latest convert to typo-mania and is dedicated to the craft.
In the Puget Sound area, The Bremerton Office Machine Co. is the last company whose full-time business is repairing typewriters.
Mr. Montgomery has been featured here (Paul is only featured in his own wildest imaginations):
- John Prentice from KOMO Seattle Refined March 2020
- South Sound Business Magazine – November 2019 issue
- Level E Pod cast and LeMayZing! Pod cast with Eric LeMay 2019
- KOMO News, Eric’s Heroes article and Facebook video 2019
- Mr. Montgomery’s Remembrance 2018
- Seattle Times 2018
- Kitsap Sun Bremerton Community Theatre 2018
- Kitsap Daily News 2018
- KUOW Radio in Seattle 2017
- NW-Nerd Podcast (starts at 42 minute mark) 2017
- Kitsap Sun 2016
- KIRO Radio 97.3 FM 2016
- MyNorthwest.com 2016
- Seattle Times 2016
- KING TV in Seattle 2015
- Seattle Times 2014
- Kitsap Daily News 2014
- KOMO news in Seattle 2014
- A customer even created a YouTube video!
- Angelica Santos won best documentary at her high school for which Montgomery is featured. Funny, the shop really does not look that much different; just me at the bench instead of Bob!
- Even Oak and Cypress Weddings has nice things to say oakandcypressweddings
- Of course, we love what Cortney Kelley does cortneykelleyphotography
Meet the new owner Paul Lundy
Paul is dedicated to learning all about the craft of vintage office machine repair and service. It turns out, he is just as fanatical about the darn machines as Mr. Montgomery. Paul purchased the business in 2014 so you can rely on consistent repair and service for years to come. Paul posts the web site updates and enjoys the art of learning the trade.